- What is HIS personal handgun experience?
- How long has he been a certified and approved handgun instructor?
- How many classes does he teach per year?
- How many students has he taught?
- Does the instructor have any experience as a law enforcement officer?
- Does the instructor have any experience training the general public?
- Is the instructor a good speaker?
- Does the instructor have any teaching experience, experience as a training instructor or seminar presenter?
- Does he take time to demonstrate?
- At the range, is he patient and willing to spend the time necessary to help you?
- Are his classes taught at a location that is convenient and easily accessible to surrounding parishes?
- Is the classroom location itself of adequate size, comfort, with adequate lighting, amenities?
- Is lunch provided or available?
- Is an indoor range utilized to allow qualifications regardless of weather conditions?
- Does the instructor arrange for fingerprint services for first time applicants?
- What do former students say about the class? About the instructor?
- Are numerous reviews provided or just 2 or 3?
- Do others recommend this instructor?
- Is a PowerPoint slide presentation used?
- Does the instructor maintain a professional appearance?
- Does the instructor take the topic seriously?
- Does the instructor touch on all of the topics REQUIRED by the LA State Police?
. Handgun Nomenclature and Safe Handling Procedures
. Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
. Child Access Prevention and Home Storage
. Firearm Cleaning and Maintenance
. Use of Deadly Force and Conflict Resolution
. Actual Live Fire Qualification At The Range
Services Offered After The Class:
- Does the instructor just ‘take your money and run’?
- How accessible is the instructor AFTER the class?
- Can you reach out to your instructor anytime with questions?
- Do you have his personal cell # and Email address?